Q: What is the right age for my child to start SMART Excel ?
A: SMART Excel is for age 5 – 12. Contact the center for your child to sit for a complimentary diagnostics test.
Our diagnostics test thoroughly assesses your proficiency in Math and English language. Once your child has taken the diagnostics test, you can register your child for a suitable programme if places are available.
Q: What kind of results will I see in my child?
- A: Through studying with the SMART Method, your child will experience the joy of learning and the discipline for daily study will be instilled with good study habits.
Students start with the level where they can attain a perfect score studying on their own. This fosters a joy for learning, and instills the discipline of daily study with good study habits.
Gradually students begin to study topics they have not previously learned.
Through SMART Excel, students will be able to advance beyond school grade level independently. This develops their analytical ability, instills perseverance and fosters confidence and a healthy self-esteem.
Eventually students study far beyond school grade level independently. They will excel in their other subjects as well because they have confidence and are applying the self-learning skills developed through SMART learning.
- Q: Does self-learning mean that the Instructor does not teach anything?
- A: Self-learning means that students study questions and correct their own mistakes independently. Instructor observes how each student studies, plans and assigns daily assignments, motivates and guides the students by giving subtle hints.
Self-learning means that students study questions and correct their own mistakes independently.
SMART materials have been designed in a way that allows students to figure out how to solve problems on their own. Examples and explanations are clearly provided when moving on to new topics, encouraging students to self-learn and advance independently at all times.
Instructor observes how each student studies, plans and assigns daily assignments and motivates the student. When students encounter difficulties, the Instructor assists the students by giving subtle hints so that they will be encouraged to progress and take on further challenges.
- Q: Does SMART supplement the Singapore education system?
- A: The SMART Method is an individualised learning method and supplements the Singapore education system.
The study goal for the SMART Math Programme is the self-study of primary school math with ease. It has been designed and fine-tuned based on real environment observations, quantifiable impact research and learning psychology, hence robust and highly-effective. It comprises four standalone but complementary modules delivered through specific learning paths for K1, K2 and Primary 1 – 6 students.
The Singapore method, which SMART Math adapt, of the teaching mathematics develops pupils’ mathematical ability and confidence without having to resort to memorizing procedures to pass tests – making mathematics more engaging and interesting.
The study goal for the SMART language programme is to achieve an advanced reading comprehension skills and the ability to read widely. Focus is on the development of reading comprehension and composition ability.
- Q: How does SMART Excel help my child improve his/her school grades?
- A: SMART Excel will help your child improve his or her school grade through the academic knowledge and work skills gained through studying topics beyond school grade level.
SMART Excel will help your child improve his or her school grade through the academic knowledge gained through studying topics based on MOE Curriculum. At the same time, your child will develop self-learning ability and good study habits. These essential study skills and habits when applied across all school work will improve his or her school grade and allow him or her to enjoy school life to the fullest.
- Q: How does SMART Excel help my child with problem sums?
- A: Through SMART Excel, your child is able to develop reading comprehension ability, strong calculation ability and analytical ability which are the essential abilities in order to solve problem sums.
SMART Excel specialized in Model Drawing which are taught in school. We teach students and parents step-by-step in solving problem sums using Model Drawing method – a Singapore method, which SMART Math adapt, of the teaching mathematics develops pupils’ mathematical ability and confidence without having to resort to memorizing procedures to pass tests – making mathematics more engaging and interesting.
This allow students to study ahead of school grade level independently at their own pace, students develop analytical ability which is required to solve problem sums which are not previously taught to them.
- Q: What is the difference between SMART Excel and other tuition center?
A: SMART Excel is an independent, self-study based on MOE curriculum. By studying at a level that is appropriate to the child’s ability, the child will be able to advance beyond his or her school grade level without being specifically taught.
SMART Excel is an independent, self-study based on MOE curriculum. The SMART method of learning allows students to study independently at their own pace. If students continue to study at their own pace, at a level that is appropriate to their ability, they will catch up with their school grade level and eventually advance far beyond the school grade level.Students studying far beyond school grade level develop self-learning ability and good study habits. These essential study skills and habits, when applied across all school work, will improve their school grade.
Q: What is the class size in SMART Excel ?