Key Growth Years
Middle primary school years are about mastering component-based skills whilst honing learning sensibilities like refinement, precision, self-evaluation and time management. Our programmes aim to achieve these goals whilst continually expanding your child’s academic knowledge in each subject.
Our primary 3 Math programme transitions from strengthening foundational knowledge gained at the lower primary levels to bridge the gap for upper primary by introducing advanced word problems.
- Students will master new topics such as Number Patterns, Area and Perimeter, Angles, Parallel and Perpendicular Lines, and Bar Graphs.
- Students will solve new word problems on Number Patterns, Area and Perimeter and Bar Graphs.
- Students will solve word problems involving comparison of multiple quantities, constant total, constant difference, unchanged quantity, equal stage, excess and shortage.
Skills and Techniques
- Students will apply heuristics including Complex Model Drawing, Make A Supposition and Form Equations in problem-solving.
- Students will use folded paper and set squares to check for right angles.
- Students will use set squares and ruler to draw parallel and perpendicular lines.
- Students will develop critical thinking skills through topical challenging problems and GEP handouts.
- Students will explore and sharpen their spatial sense by working with a set of takeaway puzzle with colored cubes.
- Students will reinforce concepts learned and the relation to core values through classroom games and activities such as participating in a class action after learning the concept of money.
- Students will appreciate the real-life application of Math through data collection and presentation such as learning about Singapore food imports and presenting their daily food intake based on the concept of bar graphs.