For Primary 1 & 2
Primary 1 and 2 are key years to build and boost a child’s confidence and foundational knowledge in any subject. Our Primary 1 and 2 tuition programmes for Math employ a fine balance of fun activities and serious work:
- An enriching learning experience that includes visual presentations, in-class competitions, and proprietary educational games to stimulate student engagement.
- Focus on fostering a passion for learning using tools from fun illustrations to hands-on learning exploration in every lesson, drawing constant parallels between learning in the classroom to the living, breathing world beyond.
- An emphasis on building a strong foundational understanding of knowledge & skills that set the path for accelerated learning in the years to come.
Primary 1: Problem Solving Heuristic
- Use appropriate notation, symbols, and conventions to present and communicate mathematical ideas.
- Reason inductively and deductively by:
- Observing patterns, similarities, and differences
- Drawing logical conclusions and making inferences
- Explaining or justifying solutions, writing out the solutions mathematically
Make connections within mathematics and between mathematics and everyday life.
Our syllabus has been carefully planned to correlate with the basic textbooks, incorporate IQ questions and challenging problems, step by step explanations enable pupils to improve their competency in basic Mathematics skills.
- Develop a strong foundation in Mathematical topics related to Math competitions.
- Expose students to various Mathematical concepts beyond school syllabus.
- Equip students with essential skills needed to tackle challenging Mathematical problems.
All P1 students who are keen in Mathematics are encouraged to participate in this programme. Students younger than 8 years old are required to pass a Modular Diagnostic Paper (MDP). This is to ensure the younger students have the fundamental foundation to manage.
” The Model Drawing essentially becomes a good entry level tool to help my son to understand and break the questions into component parts making solving and learning math easy. MathsExCEL has made it simple and fun for him! ”
– Jason’s Mum, P4 from Townsville Primary
SMART English Creative Writing
For Primary 1 & 2
For students who have an active imagination, SMART Creative Writing programmes are a perfect choice. These stimulating programmes are designed to provide children with the greater freedom to use their imaginations and express their thoughts and ideas in a more creative way. Students are introduced to a wide range of writing genres and are taught the necessary language skills to help them become more proficient users of the English language.
- come up with imaginative ideas for writing
- write in a variety of different genres, encompassing the broad areas of fictional, factual and situational writing tasks
- plan and structure their writing
- use a wider vocabulary to make writing more engaging
- use tenses and grammatical structures with greater accuracy