The Math program for Primary 3 students is designed to build on the foundations laid in Primary 1 and 2, with the introduction of new concepts and fundamental techniques for academic excellence.
The program, which focuses on whole numbers, word problems, fractions, measurements, and geometry, in addition to basic arithmetic, combining a curriculum that is catered to school needs with carefully designed materials to reinforce basic skills, concepts, and critical thinking skills; we create a culture of exam savvy students who are skilled in techniques, time management, and self-audit practices, and trained in effective revision, allowing your child to conceptualise concepts clearly within a topic, and continue building a bird’s eye view of the parallel connections within their curriculum.
We provide students with an enriching learning journey through compelling and interactive lessons with our specialist teachers, who make use of an array of fun learning activities from teasers that generate interest in new topics to proprietary games that reinforce and cultivate a love for math.
Primary 3: Problem Solving Heuristic
- Using thinking skills such as:
- Analyzing (from whole to parts)
- Synthesizing (from parts to whole)
- Use a problem-solving model such as Polya’s model
- Use heuristics such as:
- Drawing a diagram
- Guess & Check
- Working Backwards
- Simplifying a problem
- Considering special cases
Our syllabus has been carefully planned to correlate with the basic textbooks, incorporate IQ questions and challenging problems, step by step explanations enable pupils to improve their competency in basic Mathematics skills.
- Enhance students’ conception of Mathematics through various techniques and methods of solving
- Inspire students to investigate Mathematical concepts and acquire analytical thinking skills to further understand and appreciate the concepts.
” The Model Drawing essentially becomes a good entry level tool to help my son to understand and break the questions into component parts making solving and learning math easy. MathsExCEL has made it simple and fun for him! ”
– Jason’s Mum, P4 from Townsville Primary