Primary 6: Problem Solving Heuristic
- Unit Transfer Method
- Model Approach to Problem-Solving
- Conventional Models
- Stack Model
- Split Model
- Heuristics Approach to Problem-Solving
- Higher-Order Thinking Skills
Our syllabus have been carefully planned to correlate with the basic textbooks, incorporate IQ questions and challenging problems, step by step explanations enable pupils to improve their competency in basic Mathematics skills.
- Expose students to various techniques and encourage them to adopt the right approach in understanding and solving problems.
- Stimulate and develop students’ creative thinking skill and problem solving ability to solve challenging problems effectively.
- Cultivate students’ interest in Mathematics through challenges to achieve a sense of accomplishment.
- Train students to use check back methods to minimize the chance of making mistakes.
- Impart students with essential skills in presentation of solutions to problem sums.
This SMART PSLE programme covers all four modules in 12 weekly lessons and 5 days September Holiday Workshop. With the PSLE looming over us, this workshop specifically focuses on the essential heuristics techniques for immediate application in the PSLE Math paper.
|(1) Unit Transfer Method
Simple, logical, yet powerful!
|(2) Model Approach to Problem Solving – Helps children see Math!
Model Approach to Problem-Solving is a powerful strategy that enables children to visualize, draw models and, from there, solve Math problems. Different aspects of MAPS are taught at different levels. Model Approach to Problem-Solving at higher-level delves deeper into application of model approach in solving challenging Math problems that involve higher-order thinking skills. It encompasses:
|(3) Conventional Models
|(4) Stack Model
| (5) Split Model
||(6) Heuristics Approach to Problem-Solving
New-technique Creation, Problem-solving Redefinition
|(7) Higher-Order Thinking Skills
Knowledge, Comprehension, Analysis, Synthesis & Application
” The Model Drawing essentially becomes a good entry level tool to help my son to understand and break the questions into component parts making solving and learning math easy. Smart ExCEL has make it simple and fun for him! ”
– Jason’s Mum, P4 from Townsville Primary