Programmes across English, Math
The Secondary 2 Mathematics programme aims to equip your child with the skillset, knowledge and attitude needed to meet the challenges of upper secondary mathematics.
- Students will be introduced to more complex algebraic concepts, such as cross factorization.
- Students will learn about the properties of similar and congruent figures and how congruency and similarity can be applied in real-world contexts.
- Students will discover how the sides of a right-angled triangle are connected by the trigonometric ratios. They will also be taught how to incorporate algebra in trigonometry to find unknown sides and angles of a right-angled triangle.
- Students will familiarise themselves with the formulae for the volume and surface area of a sphere, a cone, and a pyramid.
- Students will be taught through experiential activities to help them remember the formulae and full derivations of the formulae.
- Students will be exposed to statistical diagrams, such as dot diagrams, stem-and-leaf diagrams, and cumulative frequency curves.
- Students will investigate and discover how the concept of probability can be used in everyday events, including weather forecast and the performance of stocks in the stock market.
Skills and Techniques
- Students will learn to plot, draw and interpret line graphs and parabolic graphs.
- Students will learn to analyze and interpret the different forms of statistical diagrams using mean, mode, and median.
- Students will also learn to analyze problems and explore alternative ways of solving them, developing their metacognitive skills.
Preparatory Course for GCE NT, N & O Level
It provides a comprehensive programme that equips students with the necessary learning competencies that prepare them for the annual examination of the joint awarding authorities – Ministry of Education, Singapore and the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE NT, N & O Levels.