Your child is making his or her preparations for the PSLE exams. In this year, programmes focus on sharpening your child’s focus on academic goals and exam skills. This year is about helping your child to pace himself or herself whilst empowering him or her to master key examination components.
Your child will start preparing for PSLE. The Primary 5 Math curriculum equips students with a strong foundation of key topics tested at PSLE.
- Students will master new topics such as Percentage, Ratio, Area of Triangles, Rates, Average and Volume.
- Students will see the connection of new topics such as Percentage and Ratio with Fractions.
- Students will solve word problems involving units and parts, part-whole relationship with working backwards, common difference resulting from overlapping regions.
- Students will be exposed to new question trends involving logical reasoning and real-world applied learning.
Skills and Techniques
- Students will apply heuristics such as Tabulation, Multiple Equations, and Complex Unitary Method.
- Students will construct geometrical shapes on square grids.
- Students will get accustomed to using a calculator in solving questions for Paper 2.
- Students will explore and hone their logical reasoning skills through puzzles.
- Students will reinforce new concepts learned through card games and online games, such as Ratio Tug-of-War, which requires students to come up with correct values to match a given ratio.
- Students will appreciate the real-life application of Math through videos and infographics, such as ‘Containerific’, which provides real-life examples of volume and capacity in the shipping industry.