Your child is making his or her preparations for the PSLE exams. In this year, programmes focus on sharpening your child’s focus on academic goals and exam skills. This year is about helping your child to pace himself or herself whilst empowering him or her to master key examination components.
The move to upper block Science topics requires students to integrate their understanding of various topics and have a more sophisticated approach to the application and presentation of their knowledge.
- Students will be introduced to new topics such as Cells, Electrical System, Water and Changes of State and Reproduction in Plants
- Students will have regular revision of topics from the Lower Block.
Skills and Techniques
- Students will have greater exposure to questions that involve experimental skills and the application of science concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Students will recognize the function of a control set-up and how to construct an appropriate control set-up for a given experiment.
- Students will be closely guided on how to use appropriate science keywords, in the context of specific questions, in their explanations for open-ended questions.
- Students will be exposed to practical skills such as the use of microscopes in the study of Cells.
- Students will recognize science in their daily lives through fun passages such as the science behind lightning.