In the PSLE year, students will meet the challenge of revising content knowledge accumulated from Primary 3 to Primary 6 whilst preparing for a series of examinations leading up to the national exam. Our Primary 6 programmes place a strong emphasis on evaluative learning and giving students the best academic and learning support to hone strengths and work on areas of progress.
In this important examination year, your child will be supported in his or her efforts to consolidate content knowledge and apply exam-centric skills with a focus on speed and accuracy in the exams.
- Students will review topics from P1 to P5 and tackle new topics such as Algebra, Circles, Speed, Solid Figures and Pie Charts.
- Students will be exposed to noteworthy PSLE questions during revision.
Skills and Techniques
- Students will be trained to apply various heuristics to solve complex word problems involving multiple topics/concepts and tackle non-routine problems.
- Students will learn techniques for checking answers such as checking for reasonableness and working backwards.
- Students will analyze and reflect on how to apply the most efficient techniques for exams and to avoid errors.
- Students will be trained in other examination skills such as proper time management, effective stress management techniques and neat presentation of solutions.
Revision and Reinforcement
- Students will evaluate their content mastery through a series of quizzes and topical tests that include questions that test foundational knowledge and examination questions.
- Students will consolidate and revise concepts and key topics via concept maps, revision handouts, and mock paper practices.